Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Lock-Down... what a scare!

We can breath a huge sigh of relief now and thank God for watching over everyone at the school. 

Today we all received that dreaded voicemail: "The school is on lock-down. Please stay away...."  Even with the reassurances that the children were fine, I know it took quite a bit of strength for any parent to stay away.

During this time, there were a few things that helped:

1. Security Cameras... knowing these camera's are there gives me some relief. What a great tool to have available.

2. Communication... I was so glad to receive the voicemail message not only on my home phone, but my cell phone, my husband's cell phone, and our email addresses. I prefer over communication for something like this!

3. Community... Voicemails, postings, and texts from other parents helps keep us all informed.

4. Quick Action... Just a few minutes after PTC posted about this on our facebook page, we received the "All Clear" voicemail. Thank God!

I have yet to know the specifics but am sure we will learn more as the day unfolds.  Was there something the school could have done better? How did you feel? Comment below to let us know...

No comments:

Post a Comment